- This event has passed.
Managing through the maelstrom: COVID-19 – a health and economic crisis
May 29 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
What started as a health crisis has morphed into an economic crisis. Navigating a state of emergency, business leaders are challenged daily to attend to the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Initial imperatives of ensuring employee safety, and enabling operational continuity, have been joined by concerns over supply chain integrity and changing modes of customer engagement. As budgets bend and forecast fracture, financial risk is ever-present.
The accelerated adoption of digital technologies has the potential to unlock exciting new business models and facilitate mobility and decentralized working – yet these virtues bring vulnerability. Amongst this complexity and uncertainty, leaders must conceive and create their command center – an organizational response to these challenges that enables them to operate their business, manage risk, and ensure regulatory compliance. Supporting decision making today, whilst planning for tomorrow.
The Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Japan (SpCCJ), together with the Belgium-Luxembourge Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BLCCJ) has invited partners and directors of the Japan member firm of Deloitte to share with our members, their perspective related to doing business in Japan during the COVID-19 emergency.
Title: Managing through the maelstrom: COVID-19 – a health and economic crisis
Date: Friday, 29 May 2020
Time: 11:30 – 12:30JST
Ticket price: Free (Members Only)
Registration & Cancellation Deadline: 29 May 2020 9:00am
This is an event only for SpCCJ & BLCCJ Members.
Are you not a Member yet? Find out more about the membership category and benefits on our website and contact us at email@example.com
Membership available from JPY10,000/ year.
- Evolution of a crisis:
- Japan’s COVID-19 experience
- Consumer response
- Relief measures:
- Government subsidies on employment adjustment
- Special loans from government supported institutions
- Deferral of tax payments
- Carryback of net operating losses
- Financial reporting matters:
- Accounting and disclosure considerations
- Impact on forecasting and management estimates
- Technology vision and vulnerability:
- The effect of COVID-19 on the three most affected Cyber pillars (Phishing, Cloud & Identity, Home & Privacy)
- Applicable risk mitigations
- Way forward and best practices
- Command center: evolution from rapid response to thoughtful recovery
- Command Center Recover focus and organization
- Drive strategic conversation on building resilience
- Capture insight and prepare for change